- Conference Programme – 2nd May 2012
- Conference programme – 3rd May 2012
- Question Time – Ask the panel
- Speaker Biographies
- Speaker programme Abstracts
- Moderation and Chairmanship
- Conference Content
- Streams and Themes
- CPD Accreditation
- The BCS ASSIST Annual Conference 2012
- The Institute of Health Records Management (IHRIM) National Conference
- The Multidisciplinary Assessment of Technology Centre (MATCH) Public Interest Forum
- The HC difference
Partnerships and more
We are constantly developing our relationships with other organisations:
We will be jointly working with Royal Colleges particularly the Royal College of Physicians Health Informatics Unit and the Royal College of Psychiatrists Informatics Committee.
We have established links with a number of academic organisations across the UK, and will have specific conference sessions run by:
- The Multidisciplinary Assessment of Technology Centre for Healthcare (MATCH – a well-established research collaboration between four leading UK universities (Birmingham, Brunel, Nottingham & Ulster) and a cohort of industrial partners)
- The Faculty of Health Informatics.
From 2012 there will be substantially closer crossover between the exhibition and conference. We are currently talking with a range of suppliers (supported by Intellect and UKTI) about how to ensure stronger alignment between health and social care policy, strategy, R&D and operational practice with the systems and services that suppliers provide. This alignment is critical to timely and effective policy implementation, and to deal with the economic pressures we all face, and to stimulate and develop the market.
This is always a strong feature at HC events, and 2012 will be no exception. Watch this space for more information but currently our partnership with UKTI and some large international suppliers will be providing updates and presentations from Australia, China and India in particular.
Several parallel meetings will run as integral elements of the conference programme, including:
- The Assist Annual Conference: this will be focusing on skills development as usual, but will have a special focus on benefits identification and realisation at HC2012.
- IHRIM Conference: the Institute of Health Records & Information Management will hold a national conference alongside HC2012. IHRIM was established in 1948, primarily as an educational body. Its objectives are to provide qualifications at different levels as well as career and professional assistance for members. IHRIM members are now working in the fields of health records, information management, clinical coding and information governance.
- MATCH will run its annual Public Interest Forum at HC2012.